Friday, February 20, 2015

The Penalty King


I'm not exactly sure how to start this so here goes;

My name is Max. I wanted to start a blog where I talk about something that is incredibly important to me. Football. It is one of the things that has kept me from boredom since I started playing and watching it in 2008.
~ Side note: by football I mean soccer for any American's out there ~

For me if it wasn't for football I wouldn't have the life that I lead now, I wouldn't have a strong relationship with my Dad or my brother and I would probably be about 3 stone heavier.

I started out playing football when a club started at my high school. I wasn’t interested but my mate Mitch asked me to come along and with a little persuasion I went along. In one hour of playing 5-a-side I must have made about 1 tackle and played 2 successful 3 yard passes and I thought I was Cristiano Ronaldo. Hooked doesn’t even explain it.

For the first few months I played as a centre back which is understandable due to my height but that changed one day when I was playing football with my older brothers friends. One lad called Nadeem, who had an incredibly powerful shot but also had the shot accuracy of blind darts player who’d had a few, took a shot at goal which pea-rolled in all honesty. It was heading into the bottom corner and I could’ve walked over and cleared it but instead I dived single handed and slapped it around the post in the most over dramatic fashion.

This started me becoming a goalkeeper and now here I am 7 years later and I am still playing in the net. I’ve improved a lot since those day’s (thank God) and I’m hoping within the next few years to get into the first team of the local football team that I play for.

The name The Penalty King was a nickname I gave myself after I helped win two penalty shootouts. It was a little joke between me and the team which actually came back to bite me as now I’m expected to save every penalty that comes my way. Otherwise the lads will take the p*ss.

I support Sheffield Wednesday which is enough of a reason to take the p*ss out of me. I would love to get a season ticket once I get bored of playing football (I say that as if I’m planning life after retirement haha). I’m gonna guess that I’ll use the Owls team as examples in some of things I talk about in the future. Might do. Might not. I don’t really know.

Anyways enough about me. Hopefully this hasn’t been too boring for people to read, if anything I hope its encouraged people to read on a bit.
Cheers for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment